15 Tweetable Facts About Interactive Marketing
Have you started to include interactive marketing into your overall marketing strategy?
If you have, then you’re probably already seeing some benefits from it. After all, interactive marketing has become an increasingly popular way to connect with potential customers…because it provides results.
Let’s face it, people are increasingly swamped with content. There’s no doubt you’ve probably felt it yourself. Do a quick search on virtually anything and it can be incredibly difficult to figure out where to even get started.
There’s actually a term for this: content fatigue.
Consumers see so much content on a daily basis, it’s overwhelming. Check out this infographic:
And guess what? It’s only going to get worse, according to the Huffington Post “by 2020 that information will increase by 600%”
Now, couple that with increasingly decreasing attention spans and it’s the makings of a big problem for brands and marketers.
They do something different. Something that gets their content out there in a way that not only interests their potential customers, but also engages them and drives them to take action.
That’s where interactive marketing comes into the picture.
Interactive marketing provides brands and marketers with a way to create content that is interactive, educational, and engaging. That means it’s content that produces results, gets consumers to act, and builds up brand loyalty.
And that brand loyalty matters, according to a study by Five Stars, they found “depending on the vertical, loyal customers can account for up to 84% of total visits.” Unsurprisingly, content plays a large factor in this, 62% of Millennials feel online content drives brand loyalty.
All of that matters, but here are even more facts about interactive marketing you’re going to want to pay attention to (and share!):
- 88% marketers say interactive content is effective at differentiating their brand. Click to Tweet. (source)
- 73% of content creators plan to prioritize creating more engaging content in 2016, and 55% plan to prioritize creating visual content. Click to Tweet. (source)
- Only 55% of marketers say passive content is effective at differentiating their brand. Click to Tweet. (source)
- 50% of consumer time online is spent engaging with custom content. Click to Tweet. (source)
- 34% of marketers selected visual assets as their most important content, behind blogging (45%) and before videos (19%). Click to Tweet. (source)
- 82% of consumers feel more positive about a company after reading custom content. Click to Tweet. (source)
- 70% of marketers are planning to increase the amount of content they produce in the coming year. Click to Tweet. (source)
- 91% of B2B buyers now prefer to consume interactive and visual content. Click to Tweet. (source)
- Interactive content drives 2x the number of conversions as passive content like blogs and ebooks. Click to Tweet. (source)
- 69% of content marketers are currently working on creating more engaging/higher quality content. 19% plan to begin working on it within 12 months. Click to Tweet. (source)
- 70% of marketers say interactive content is effective at converting visitors. While only 36% indicate that static content is effective at converting visitors. Click to Tweet. (source)
- 93% of marketers say interactive content is effective at educating buyers. Click to Tweet. (source)
- 40% of people will respond better to visual information than plain text. Click to Tweet. (source)
- 71% of the B2B marketers are using interactive content to generate more leads. Click to Tweet. (source)
- 60% of the content that’s out there is “dull and irrelevant” to readers’ needs. Click to Tweet. (source)
These fifteen facts should help you see that interactive content marketing can have a massive role in your overall content marketing plan. The fact that more marketers are seeing better results and higher engagement rates by using more interactive marketing speaks for itself.
As consumers become more and more savvy, they want to be able to consume content in ways that speak directly to them. Separate your brand from the pack and start creating content that encourages active engagement among your potential customers.
You won’t regret it!
Has your brand started using interactive content? What are the results so far, we’d love to hear all about it.